New York’s most influential avant-garde rock band, Sonic Youth, follow up their critically acclaimed 2006 release, Rather Ripped, with a special set sure to please fans and completists. The Destroyed Room: B-Sides And Rarities, a collection of near-hidden Sonic Youth gems hand-picked by the band, brings together songs from throughout the band’s tenure at Geffen Records. Focusing on tracks previously available only on limited-edition compilations, vinyl-only releases, or as B-Sides or international singles, The Destroyed Room also features material that has never before been released.
This deluxe, double-vinyl LP edition is being released on the band’s own Goofin Records imprint with a CD version available via Geffen
1. Fire Engine Dream - (2003) Outtake From Sonic Nurse
2. Fauxhemians - (2001) From Noho Furniture Sessions; Originally Released On All TomorrowÕs Parties 1.1
3. Is It My Body? - (1993) B-Side From The Sugar Kane Single
4. Razor Blade - (1994) B-Side From The Self-Obsessed And Sexxee Single
5. Blink - (1999) From The Pola X Soundtrack
6. Campfire - (2000) From The At Home With The Groovebox Compilation
7. Loop Cat - (2003) From The You Can Never Go Fast Enough Compilation
8. KimÕs Chords - (2003) Japanese Bonus Track From Sonic Nurse
9. Beautiful Plateau - (2003) Japanese Bonus Track From Sonic Nurse
10. 3 Sectional Love Seat - (2001) From Noho Furniture Sessions
11. Queen Anne Chair - (2001) From Noho Furniture Sessions
12. The Diamond Sea (1995) LP Version, Alternate Ending.