Some might know one or two of those sides of Mike, but he is finally ready to introduce the world to the totality of Michael Render, a lifelong rap fiend whose consciousness is seeped in the sounds of community that raised him - multiple eras of southern rap flows, Sunday church service, and barbershop discourse.
All these threads converge on his forthcoming first batch of solo material since his breakout solo album R.A.P. Music in 2012 and the most comprehensively autobiographical work he’s presented to date musically and personally.
STAFF COMMENTSBarry says: Killer Mike (most recently of Run The Jewels fame) shows why he is such a respected rapper and songwriter in his own right, with a similar focus on political issues and clever songwriting as the aforementioned collaboration, but with a much more classical hip-hop flow and funky percussive backdrop. A hugely talented individual, showing us that 'Michael' is the perfect vehicle for his skills.
1. Down By Law (ft. CeeLo Green)
2. Shed Tears (ft. Mozzy & Lena Byrd Miles)
3. RUN (ft. Young Thug)
4. N Rich (ft. 6LACK & Eryn Allen Kane)
5. Talk’n That Shit!
6. Slummer (ft. Jagged Edge)
7. Scientists & Engineers (ft. Andre 3000, Future, & Eryn Allen Kane)
8. Two Days (ft. Ty Dolla $ign)
9. Spaceship Views (Curren$y, 2 Chainz, Kaash Paige)
10. Exit 9 (ft. Blxst)
11. Something For Junkies (ft. Fabo)
12. Motherless (ft. Eryn Allen Kane)
13. Don’t Let The Devil (ft. EL-P & Thankugoodsir)
14. High And Holy (ft. Ty Dolla $ign)
16. Maynard Vignette (ft. T.I., JID, & Jacquees)
17. Get Some Money