- Record Label
- Isle Of Jura
About this item
Since they made their entrance on the reissue stage in 2016 (with the essential reissue of "Fire In My Heart" no less), Isle Of Jura have dropped nothing but fire, proving to have a formidible ear for an unheard hit. Now the crew come through with the first in a series of compilations which blend Dub, Ambient, Downtempo, Boogie and Proto House with a focus on music never before released on Vinyl, sought after out of print titles and some special versions edited specifically for the album.
The intention with this project was to delve deeper into the reissue pond and unearth some lesser known tracks and artists. Highlights include Smackos' (AKA Legowelt) ambient epic ‘We Can Watch Alf In The Hotel Room’, never before released on Vinyl, the dub / psych hybrid of Minus Group’s ‘Black Shadow’, Kash’s sought after ‘Percussion Sundance’ and special edits of Ken Dang and Tabou Combo. As if that weren't enough to tickle your pickle, then the four ambient tools the Jura Soundsystem have cooked up for the finale totally take the cake.
Patrick says: After a string of excellent reissues over the past two years, Isle Of Jura drop their first compilation, a mega set of not-on-vinyl heat, out of print excellence and specially edited bangers for disco, house, downtempo and dub fans. Maximum respect!
1. Smackos - We Can Watch Alf In The Hotel Room
2. Astral Engineering - Seashore Dub
3. Minus Group - Black Shadow
4. Ken Dang - Born In Borneo (Jura Soundsystem Edit)
5. Trevor Bastow - Integration
6. Kash - Percussion Sundance
7. Tabou Combo Superstars - Ooh La La (Jura Soundsystem Edit)
8. Blindboy - Traumerei
9. Mix-O-Rap- All Party People (Special Mix) (Go-Go Style)
10. Jura Soundsystem - Jungle Ambient Tool
11. Jura Soundsystem - Ocean Ambient Tool
12. Jura Soundsystem - Time Ambient Tool
13. Jura Soundsystem - Pyramids Ambient Tool