About this item
A bold new look, sound and concept for Kraftwerk. Over supple processed rhythms which predate the rise of European techno and trance, they address automation and alienation, space travel and engineering, the seductive allure of urban landscapes and the vacant glamour of celebrity. Clipped and funky, "The Robots" adds another dimension to Kraftwerk's ultra-dry sense of humour. Behind its intoxicating melodic pulse, "The Model" is a highly prophetic satire on the beauty industry, so ahead of its time that it only becomes a UK chart-topper by accident three years later. And "Neon Lights" is Kraftwerk's most achingly romantic song to date, a sci-fi lullaby for cities at twilight. Pure magic.
1. The Robots (2009 Digital Remaster)
2. Spacelab (2009 Digital Remaster)
3. Metropolis (2009 Digital Remaster)
4. The Model (2009 Digital Remaster)
5. Neon Lights (2009 Digital Remaster)
6. The Man Machine (2009 Digital Remaster)