About this item
Maggot Brain is a full-color, quarterly magazine edited by noted Detroit scribe Mike McGonigal: 100+ pages packed with phenomenal content – art, music, literature, unpublished archival material, and more – with a simple promise to only exist on the printed page.
● LUC SANTE on 'Crawdaddy' magazine
● Debut publication of often hilarious and always droll memoirs by STUART MOXHAM (Young Marble Giants, Gist, solo, etc)
● Murat Cem Mengüç' dramatic tale of when SUN RA and the Arkestra visited Istanbul, Turkey in 1990
● The fantastic and true story of electro-pop pioneer, runway model, and Eve Babitz-ish character ANN STEEL, which has never fully been told before now. ● In conversation with comedy guru TOM SCHARPLING in advance of the publication of his moving and hilarious new autobio.
● Archival interview by Steve Lafreniere with 'Honeymoon Killers' star SHIRLEY STOLER.
● Overviews of new music from DAVID NANCE, PATRICIA BRENNAN, and PHAROAH SANDERS with FLOATING POINTS. We're so enamored with the Floating Points/Sanders collaboration that we had no less than Andy Beta go off on it at length, for what is our first "real" record review (as we're a quarterly, that's not something we'll do too often but the stars aligned.)