About this item
Nearly 5 years after the last Flying Lotus album, the Grammy-nominated You’re Dead!, and Flying Lotus’ stock has never been higher. The interim years have seen him collaborating with Kendrick Lamar on the classic "To Pimp a Butterfly", directing and writing the Sundance-premiered Kuso movie, and producing much of Thundercat’s "Drunk".
Flamagra encompasses hip-hop, funk, soul, jazz, global dance music, tribal poly-rhythms, IDM, the L.A. Beat scene, but it soars above a specific vortex whose coordinates can’t be accurately charted. Other than to say that it is a Flying Lotus record, perhaps the definitive one.
Flamagra features (in order of appearance): Anderson .Paak, George Clinton, Little Dragon, Tierra Whack, Denzel Curry, David Lynch, Shabazz Palaces, Thundercat, Toro y Moi, Solange and more.
Patrick says: Blurring genre boundaries as ever, Steven Ellison AKA Flying Lotus fucks with jazz, hip-hop, RnB, juke, soul and soft rock on his sixth LP. This time he keeps the interludes short and so so sweet, and invites the likes of Solange, Anderson .Paak, George Clinton and Thundercat to guest on his strongest songs to date. Sublime, beautiful and brilliant.
2. Post Requisite
3. Heroes In A Half Shell
4. More Feat. Anderson .Paak
6. Burning Down The House Feat. George Clinton
7. Spontaneous Feat. Little Dragon
9. Pilgrim Side Eye
10. All Spies
11. Yellow Belly Feat. Tierra Whack
12. Black Balloons Reprise Feat. Denzel Curry
13. Fire Is Coming Feat. David Lynch
14. Inside Your Home
15. Actually Virtual Feat. Shabazz Palaces
17. Remind U
18. Say Something
19. Debbie Is Depressed
20. Find Your Own Way Home
21. The Climb Feat. Thundercat
23. 9 Carrots Feat. Toro Y Moi
25. Land Of Honey Feat. Solange
26. Thank U Malcolm
27. Hot Oct.