- Record Label
- Mondo / Neon
About this item
Mondo, in partnership with Lakeshore Records, is proud to present the original soundtrack to Matt Spicer’s dark comedy INGRID GOES WEST.
An incredible mix of '70s soul, new wave, and dance pop, the soundtrack to INGRID GOES WEST perfectly captures the many sides of the eponymous stalker. “Obsession” by Animotion closes out the dancier Side A, while Side B comes to an end with K-Ci & JoJo’s '90s ballad “All My Life” (which takes on a whole new life when viewed through the lens of a woman obsessed).
But it’s not all stalker anthems. The soundtrack is a mix of synth-heavy party jams and chill lo-fi tunes that come together to create an authentically good mix-tape for tastemakers and beginners alike. It manages to jump from Krautrock (Can's “I Want More,") to Dancehall (Tenor Saw's “Ring The Alarm,”) to fuzzed out '60s soul ("Ca’-Ba-‘Dab’" by the Soul Swingers), through to newer gems by Islands & Shura without missing a beat or feeling disjointed at all.
1. I Want More - Performed By Can
2. Attack Of The Name Game - Performed By Stacy Lattisaw
3. Indecision (EP Version) - Performed By Shura
4. The Weekend - Performed By Islands
5. Obsession - Performed By Animotion
6. Ring The Alarm - Performed By Tenor Saw
7. Ca’-Ba-‘Dab’ - Performed By Soul Swingers
8. This Love, Pt. 1 - Performed By Bobby Oroza
9. My Heart Cries For You - Performed By Jimmy Wakely
10. All My Life - Performed By K-Ci & JoJo