- Record Label
- Heavenly Sweetness
About this item
After the success of ‘Kouté Jazz’, Heavenly Sweetness comes back with a dancefloor compilation, something keep your feet moving through the whole summer! 13 disco, boogie and zouk tracks recorded in the 80's in the West Indies.
This is a dancefloor album compiled by Digger’s Digest and is a great project for fans of the Tropical music movement and electronic music with 12 tracks that have never compiled before.
The advantage of this selection is that it reveals a broader spectrum to the Zouk music style that is poorly defined. Consider the tracks hidden gems, despite previously being interpreted by some big names in Caribbean music (Pierre-Edouard Decimus / Patrick St. Eloi / Eddy La Viny). These Tracks reveal this will of singularity, this merger between traditional and other rhythms genres (funk, disco, afro-beat, Latin Brazilian), with the addition of new instruments such as synthesizers and drums machine in the creative process.
In many Zouk's albums, this period often included one or even several tracks that were qualified as "proto-zouk" and "funky-zouk" or the "boogie-zouk" to emphasize the fusion of genres. But these tracks have remained unknown to the general public...
1. Puzzle Pulsion - Mwoin Ka Songe 301 05:02
2. Pierre Edouard Decimus - Devenn' 03:55
3. Ramon Pyrme - Vacance Union 04:53
4. Zanman - Poutchi 05:12
5. Swanha Desvarieux - Nou Ke Sa Inmew- Nou Ké Sa Enméw 04:13
6. The Group NSI - Mande Moin On Lajan, Pa Mande Moin Za Fe An Moin 03:51
7. OR E.A. - Biguine Inferno 04:56
8. Milton - Mizik Nou 04:57
9. Selek Ta Flepouw 03:58
10. Meliza - Anragé 04:41
11. Acayouman - Si Ou Ladjé Moin 04:06
12. Eddy Laviny - Indiano 03:39