Well folks, it’s almost here! We’re counting down the days now ‘til Record Store Day 2012 on April 21st. There’s a huge pile of fantastic releases this year, and it’s looking set to be the best RSD so far.
Below is a list of all the releases we’ll be stocking. We couldn’t take absolutely everything, but we’ve come pretty close and there’s something there for everyone! You can click HERE for a link to print a handy and concise list with prices on of everything we're stocking. There’s even tick boxes on it so you can mark off what you want to buy and bring it along with you on the day! Don't worry if you can't print this off because we'll be handing them out on the day too.
As I’m sure you all know by now, everything is available on a first come first served basis. We can’t take advanced orders for anything or reserve things for people, you just have to turn up on the day and hope you got out of bed early enough! (The queues started in the early hours of the morning last year!)
We’ll be open at 9am, but you’d be advised to get there well before that if there’s something really specific that you’ve just got to have! If you’re just coming down to hang out in the shop and have a browse then i’d leave it til around lunchtime, cos it’s a bit crazy before that!
We don’t put the RSD stock out on the racks in the shop, we keep it all behind the counter, and you either bring your list with you or if you forget we’ll have copies to give out on the day too. Obviously if you want a lot of stuff, it saves us a lot of time if you just hand your list over. But please bear in mind that some releases are very limited (we’ve got one or two copies of things in some cases!) so you might not be able to get your hands on everything you want.
We recommend you;
cos we’ll be keeping you updated on what’s going on and what’s sold out etc on the day.
Don’t forget to get you hand stamped too! More info on that in a mo.
As well as all the great limited edition releases on the day, we’ve also got lots of other things going on:
• Instore we’ve got some truly fantastic DJs:
12pm-1pm Balearic Mike
1pm-2pm Jason Boardman (Aficionado)
2pm-3pm Neil Diablo (El Diablo’s Social Club)
3pm-4pm B-Music (featuring Andy Votel and Luke J Murray)
4pm-5pm Mr Scruff
5pm-6pm Tim Burgess (The Charlatans)
• Artist Jilly Hartshorn will be displaying and selling her wonderful vinyl related artwork instore on the day.
• Wotgodforgot are putting on a great line up of bands throughout the day at the Soup Kitchen, kicking off at around 11am: Irma Vep, Base Ventura, Pins, Young British Artists, Die Hexen, Milk Maid and Shinies. It’s free in and they’re offering 10% off food and drink with a Piccadilly Records RSD hand-stamp.
• Common Bar will be giving 10% discount on food and drink to anyone with a Piccadilly Records RSD hand-stamp, and also hosting the RSD after party from 5pm – 2am, with a mixture of DJs headed up by the Wet Play crew and including staff from our shop.
• Tim Burgess’ O Genesis label are hosting a label showcase at Kraak gallery, it’s £2 in or £1 with a Piccadilly Records RSD hand-stamp. And once again staff from our shop with be spinning some tunes.
Don’t forget there are other shops in the city centre also taking part so if we’ve sold out of something, give them a try: Beatin’ Rhythm and Eastern Bloc are both stocking RSD releases.
If we have any stock left over after Record Store Day, we will be making them available on the website a week later – Saturday 28th April. Also if there are any of the American releases left we may be able to get hold of some of them after the event, so keep your eye on the website for more info.
Phew, told you there was a lot going on!
I think that just about covers everything.
See you on the 21st!