ABOUT THIS ITEM
· Essential archival release for psych fans
· 29 rare tracks spanning 1960-71
· Comprehensive notes by Tim Forster
Few 60s artists have attracted such mystique or so devoted a cult following as The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band. This fascinating compilation draws together many of the rare recordings made by its members before, during and after their existence.
Taking in pop, garage, folk-rock, psych, the avant-garde and more, the set highlights the disparate elements that fused to create their extraordinary and enigmatic music, and comes complete with rare pictures and comprehensive notes by the world’s leading WCPAEB authority, Tim Forster.
1. Bob Markley - Will We Meet Again?
2. Bob Markley - Tia Juana Ball
3. Bob Markley - Summer's Comin' On
4. Bob Markley - It Should've Been Me
5. Lucifer & The Peppermints - The Green Itch Got The Bear
6. Lucifer & The Peppermints - Money Back Guarantee
7. Bobby Rebel - Valley Of Tears
8. Bobby Rebel - Teardrops From My Eyes
9. Judy Brown - I'm Such A Fool
10. Sonny Knight - A Swingin' Door
11. Sonny Knight - If You Want This Love
12. The Rogues - Wanted: Dead Or Alive
13. The Laughing Wind - Good To Be Around
14. The Laughing Wind - Don't Take Very Much To See Tomorrow
15. The Laughing Wind - John Works Hard
16. The Laughing Wind - The Bells
17. The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - Sassafras
18. The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - I Won't Hurt You
19. Neo Maya - I Won't Hurt You
20. Boystown - Hello Mr. Sun
21. Boystown - End Of The Line
22. California Spectrum - She May Call You Up Tonite
23. Rockit - Blame It On The Pony Express
24. Rockit - Amblin'
25. Brigadune - I'll Cry Out From My Grave (God I'm Sorry)
26. Brigadune - Misty Mornin'
27. Brigadune - My Wife Likes To
28. California - Spectrum Rainbo
29. Halim El-Dabh - Leiyla & The Poet