ABOUT THIS ITEM
‘Medicine Man’ is The Bamboos’ fifth album. A revelatory, forward-looking record, with guests including Aloe Blacc, Daniel Merriweather and Megan Washington alongside the powerhouse stylings of regular singer Kylie Auldist, this stunning LP marks another twist in the tale for Australia’s kings of the groove. Masterfully blending blues, pop, soul and psychedelia influences with fresh ideas and stellar performances, they have forged a multi-layered pop sound they can truly call their own.
The calibre of vocalists here is testament to the pop smarts and expertise now at the forefront of Ferguson’s songwriting. Megan Washington appears on The Bamboos’ soul-gospel reinvention of James Blake’s dubstep ballad “The Wilhelm Scream”. Aloe Blacc featurings on lead track “Where Does The Time Gos”. Global star Daniel Merriweather simply shines on the emotive “I Never”. Platinum selling ARIA winner Washington shows a perkier side in the girl group-inspired “Eliza”; new band member Ella Thompson enchants on the title track and “Hello Stranger”; and Kylie Auldist smoulders and burns across four tracks, including the gritty, “What I Know” and moving album closer “Window”.
In addition to their acclaimed recordings, The Bamboos’ reputation has been furthered by their ridiculously enjoyable live shows that draw the links between hip hop, soul, funk, breaks, and increasingly a more guitar-heavy rock, pop and psych sound.
1. Where Does The Time Go Feat. Aloe Blacc
2. What I Know Feat. Kylie Auldist
3. The Wilhelm Scream Feat. Megan Washington
4. Cut Me Down Feat. Kylie Auldist
5. I Got Burned Feat. Tim Rogers
6. I Never Feat. Daniel Merriweather
7. Midnight Feat. Bobby Flynn
8. Eliza Feat. Megan Washington
9. Medicine Man Feat. Ella Thompson
10. Hello Stranger Feat. Ella Thompson
11. Window Feat. Kylie Auldist